Dual Language Learners in the Early Childhood Setting
March 2, 2021 | 6 - 8 PM
This 2 hour training is for Providers, Teachers and Administrators of Family and Group Child Care Centers. Many counties throughout Western Wisconsin have seen a dramatic increase in dual language learners in recent years. This training will give participants an introduction on how their program can best serve and support dual language learners.
- Participants will be able describe what a Dual Language Learner is.
- Participants will be able to describe Dual Language Learners unique language trajectory.
- Participants will understand role that language development plays in school readiness.
- Participants will have an understanding of sociocultural context and its impact on language development and relationships with families.
- Participants will understand that the relationships they create with family's have a crucial role in serving the child.
Register through The Registry here: https://www.the-registry.org/myregistry/v7/trainings/search/(slider-new:842796/detail)